News Warning from RockApp


It seems that some users of RockApp have a popup which displays on thei device that they have a lack of memory. BigBoss has published an article which permits to fix it.

If you have this issue.
Connect to your iPhone with SSH and go to /var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs.
Remove the file rockapp_{date}.log
This is due to a cookie which grows virtually.
An update of RockApp is planned to fix this issue, if you do this, don't remove this file !

from bigboss [more info]:
Many users, including me, have gotten the iPhone System pop-up: “Warning: You are running low on memory…etc” in the past few days. Unfortunately for me, my phone did a hard crash when my wake-up alarm went off this morning and I had to do a full restore (I was planning on upgrading from 3.0 anyways).

The culprit? Rock App

Why? It seems that Rock is not clearing out the log\cache file, so it constantly grows larger, indefinitely.

Solution.
SSH into your phone or use iFile\Diskaid and locate /var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs
Delete rockapp_{date}.log

Some users have indicated that their log files have totaled from 1gb to over 8gb in size!

I have not confirmed this, but a user told me that going into Rock and clicking “Clear cache” will fix this problem.

I am not sure if there was a date bug, but it seemed that it has recently hit everyone that has Rock (and extensions) installed.

Update: kwickone has stated that a Rock update is out that will fix this problem. Update Rock to see if the problem is resolved, if not, delete the log file as mentioned above. I had to fix my friend’s phone and I could not even launch Rock. After deleting the logfile, rebooted, everything was back to normal

0 komentar: